http://thecertifiedlisting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Certified-Listing-Logo-2-300x212.png 0 0 Fort Collins http://thecertifiedlisting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Certified-Listing-Logo-2-300x212.png Fort Collins2021-02-10 21:00:162021-02-10 21:00:1610 Tips for Valentine’s Day at Home
10 Tips for Valentine’s Day at Home
Valentine’s Day is a time for exchanging gifts, indulging your sweet tooth, and spending time with your significant other. Of all the places you and your Valentine could be, where better to spend the day, than in the place you love most: home sweet home. Let this list of ideas inspire your day at home with the one you love.
Tips for Valentine’s Day at Home
- Breakfast in bed: Kick off your Valentine’s Day by preparing breakfast in bed. Surprise your Valentine by waking up early to get a jumpstart on decadent breakfast classics like pancakes, an omelet, or frittata, or keep it simple with donuts and coffee.
- Create an at-home spa: Couples massages are a fitting indulgence for Valentine’s Day. Fortunately, you can create the same experience at home. Set the mood by lighting candles and putting on some relaxing music. Take turns applying facial masks and giving each other massages to put you both in a state of relaxation.
- Scavenger hunt: Combine the thrill of adventure and your memories as a couple with a scavenger hunt around the house. Create clues tied to memories of your relationship and hide them room-by-room, letting the answer to each clue lead to the next. Get creative and plan something special for discovering the final clue!
- What’s for dinner? Spending this special day at home gives you and your Valentine countless options for dinner. If you feel like keeping the kitchen quiet, order in your favorite meal. Otherwise, your culinary team of two can try your hand at a Valentine’s Day staple—fondue. For the full fondue experience, go for three courses: a broth fondue to open the palette; a cheese fondue to pair with bread, sliced meats, and charcuterie; and a chocolate fondue with fruit and pound cake bites to top it all off.
- Plan a game night: Add some fun to your Valentine’s Day itinerary by setting aside time to play games. A game will help you and your Valentine relax and have a laugh between the food, drinks, and chocolate. Grab a deck of cards for classic two-player games like Go Fish, Crazy Eights, War, and Rummy. Add in a game of truth or dare or charades to kick your game night into high gear.
- Paint and sip: Keep the creative juices flowing this Valentine’s Day at home with a paint-and-sip activity. It’s simple: pick out your favorite wine, set up two easels, and choose a reference image to paint. For some extra laughs, face each other and paint one another’s portrait.
- Dance the night away: Make dancing an integral part of your day at home with your Valentine. Whether slow jams or ballroom classics are more your style, pick out a playlist and turn your living room into a dancefloor.
- Save room for dessert: Be sure to save room for the tastiest part of Valentine’s Day—dessert. Whether you put on the aprons and make dessert together or pick something up from your favorite bakery or chocolatier, no Valentine’s Day would be complete without it. Red Velvet Cake, dark chocolates, cheesecake, and brownies are just some of the can’t-miss classics for you and your partner to enjoy after dinner.
- Cuddle up for a movie: At the end of your busy day together, cuddle up, settle in, and turn on a movie. Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion for a romantic drama or rom-com.
- Look to the future: Valentine’s Day is also a time to reflect on the love in your household and where you are headed in the future. What plans or changes lie ahead? How does your home fit with the changes you see coming?
From all of us at Windermere, we wish you and your Valentine a Happy Valentine’s Day!
The post 10 Tips for Valentine’s Day at Home appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.