This private Colorado trophy ranch at 2290 North Greyrock Road in Laporte has 560 acres of unspoiled rolling hills, meadows, and rock cliffs with views of the Roosevelt National Forest, Greyrock Mt, and Mummy Range. Only 20 minutes to Fort Collins or 1.5 hours to DIA. This exclusive offering has 3 well appointed residences sleeping up to 32 guests and has hosted hunting camps and private weddings. Enjoy hunting, clay shooting, hiking, horses, and ATV trails on this gated and fully fenced private Colorado Oasis. Contact Chris Guillan at (970) 310-9357 or Rondi duPont at (970) 401-0123 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
Downsizing is on the minds of many homeowners today. Some are ready to retire, others want to live more simply, and many want to save money and say goodbye to home maintenance. If you can relate to any of those sentiments, ask yourself these five questions:
Have you done the math?
The financial savings that can be generated by downsizing can be significant – especially as they add up over time. When doing the math, make sure the move will save money, rather than spend unnecessarily.
Have you researched elder-care options?
Many homeowners hold on to their current home longer than they should because their parents / parents-in-law may need to come live with them in the future. While a noble gesture, there are many excellent elder care living options available today. Often, all it takes is a tour of those facilities to realize that your loved one may actually be happier, and far better served, in a place devoted to their care and happiness.
Have you considered off-site storage?
You don’t need to immediately discard a big chunk of your belongings in order to downsize. In fact, trying to do so in one fell swoop only creates needless stress. Most people find it works much better to move some of their belongings into off-site storage for six months. During that time, you can gradually incorporate some of those items into your new living arrangement, and slowly figure out what to do with the others.
How do you feel about sharing costs and decision-making?
Townhomes and condominiums are popular downsizing options. But both require that you share the decision-making and expenses associated with any maintenance and improvement projects with your neighbors and potentially an HOA. If you’re a people-person and agree that two heads are better than one, and you like the idea of sharing the cost/responsibility for expensive repairs, you’ll enjoy condo living. If not, this may not be the best option for you.
Have you consulted with a real estate agent?
Many homeowners don’t think to consult with a real estate agent until they’ve made the decision to downsize. This leads to guesstimating about some of the most important factors. The truth is, your real estate agent is someone you want to talk with very early in the decision-making process.
The post Five Things to Consider When Downsizing appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
This town-home style condo at 2608 Kansas Dr B113 in Fort Collins was built in 2016 showcases beautiful finishes! Laminate hardwood floors in the kitchen and dining opening to a large living space with a cozy fireplace. Patio access for grilling or entertaining off the dining room. Granite counter-tops in the kitchen and bathrooms. Large master includes en-suite bathroom and walk in closet. All this located 10 min from Old Town near restaurants and shopping! A perfect place for your new home! Contact Jacqueline Feil at (970) 402-7509 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
The post Location, Style, and Comfort! appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
Tons of character and space in this peaceful mountain home at 176 Antler Way in Red Feather Lakes. Sitting on almost an acre with a creek running through the back edge of the property. Large foyer, massive stone fireplace, currently being used as a year-round home. Well lit walk-out basement features a master suite and family room. Super easy access to paved roads, bus routes, and town. Contact Meagan Griesel at (970) 691-0056 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
The post Peaceful Mountain Home! appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
Want to live minutes to Old Town but in the country with beautiful views all around you? Come see this ranch home at 2816 Terry Lake Road in Fort Collins with a walkout basement on a half-acre! The owners recently added a detached garage with living space above making this unique property even more attractive. The beautiful landscaping is for those who enjoy indoor/outdoor living which is accented by the garage door wall walking out to your patio and backyard with a pizza oven and fire pit. Remodeled kitchen, wood floors, and a great layout! Contact Paul Hunter at (970) 673-7285 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
The post Country Charm with Wonderful Views! appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
This stunning 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom home at 7214 Fort Morgan Drive in Fort Collins sits on a large lot in Ridgewood Hills boasts a wide-open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, separate living, dining and family rooms along with a main level office. All bedrooms are on the upper level and feature a huge loft, large master suite and 1 bedroom with a private bath. Large back yard with a patio and mature trees set against a greenbelt. This home has a new roof, new furnace, new AC, new carpet, newly finished hardwood and more! Contact Jon Holsten at (970) 237-2752 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
The post Fabulous Two-Story Home in Fort Collins! appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
Photo by MyDomaine
At the end of a long day, your bedroom should be a sanctuary of comfort that welcomes you in. But, as a room that guests rarely see and in which homeowners spend most of their time with their eyes closed, its upkeep frequently gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do list. Thankfully, there are some little design tricks that can make a big difference. Turn your bedroom into a restful retreat when you up its coziness factor with a few of these easy ideas.
- Layer textures. Sheepskin rugs, a down comforter, plush pillows, and knit blankets can add a softness to the room that will make you want to sink right in. Lift these textures upward, with a canopy, tufted headboard, billowy curtains and hanging textiles (like a weaving) so even the walls and ceiling feel snuggly.
- Pick the right paint. Dark, saturated colors make a room feel like it’s embracing you, which is ideal for setting a sleepy environment. But if you’re nervous to commit to a dark color on the wall, choose a pale dusty blue, sage green or another light natural color for a soothing tone (just steer clear of energetic hues). Have you ever wanted to sleep on a cloud? Go with all-white paint and decor which makes even a basic bedroom feel soft and spa-like.
- Personalize it with reminders of the places and things that make you feel at home. Do you have a fondness for flowers? Bring floral patterns in on your textiles. Do you dream of vacation at the lake? Frame a photo of your favorite spot! Photos or paintings of uncluttered natural landscapes—like a sunset reflecting on water or a hammock under the shade of an oak—can rekindle memories of relaxation and are perfect for creating a sense of calm.
- Add mood lighting. Soften the light to mimic dusk for an intimate mood with dimmer switches, lamps, lanterns or even string lights. Just make sure you can reach the switch from bed, so you don’t have to disturb your peace to get up and turn it off when you’re ready to roll over and fall asleep.
- Skip metallic finishes. Choose warm natural decor options like wood and fabric instead of cold, manufactured metallics. This goes for everything from your bedroom furniture to window treatments. Faux wood blinds, especially when paired with floating curtains, fit with a cozy aesthetic and let you filter out harsh sunlight and maintain privacy for a truly sheltered slumber.
- Bring on the books! Stacks of good reads invite you to snuggle in and get lost in another world. A true retreat is a room with plenty of books that begs you to stay.
- Fix up—or fake—a fireplace. If your bed sits hearthside, embrace this romantic accent with styled logs and a decorated mantle. If you don’t have such a luxury, create a faux fireplace to add comfort and warmth through your décor: Arrange oversized candles and lanterns safely within a homemade hearth to bring in that cozy fireside feeling without changing the structure of your home.
- Keep the room uncluttered. When you want to settle in, a mess distracts you from finding comfort, to minimize the amount of stuff that makes it to your bedroom. Watch your nightstand, which often becomes a catch-all, by making a point to rehome any wandering wares now, and put things away as soon as they enter the room in the future. If you’re apt to let laundry pile up, keep it behind the closed doors of your closet so it doesn’t crowd your peace.
- Create a sense of timelessness. Tuck clocks and electronics away so they’re nearby if you need them, but their wires and harsh silhouettes aren’t reminding you of life outside your sanctuary. The hush that falls in a room devoid of gadgets will allow you to easily disengage from the stresses of reality.
- Rethink your bedding. Add a pillow-top pad to your mattress so it feels like your bed is hugging you when you climb in. Or, bring in a contoured body pillow which actually can hug you! Linen sheets feel luxe compared to cotton and are a simple swap to boost your bower. Many people also swear by skipping the top sheet while dressing their beds, which allows them to burrow directly into a fluffy comforter.
- Appeal to your sense of smell. Aromatherapy can have a huge impact on your perception of a space, so find some soothing essential oils or a sweet candle to blanket the room with an ambiance you adore. As soon as you open the door, you’ll be eager to plunge into your little oasis.
- Nestle into nooks. A window seat, a reading nook or an upholstered seating area are all inviting spaces that can draw you in from the doorway. The more intimate alcoves you can create, the cozier your bedroom will feel!
Flooded with soft lighting, plush textures, and other comfy touches, your bedroom environment will envelop you at day’s end. And, perhaps even better than the idea of your bedroom refresh itself, is knowing that none of these tips take longer than a weekend to complete! So, slide into your slippers as you settle on which cozy updates you’ll select for your new favorite room of the house.
The post 12 Tips for Making Your Bedroom Cozier appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
This beautiful 3-bedroom, 4-bathroom end unit town-home at 4324 W 14th Street Drive in Greeley comes with two master suites, each with its own full bath! Gas fireplace, central air conditioning, and a private yard that leads to the detached over-sized 2-car garage. Finished basement with family room and bedroom! Low HOA fee. Contact Kyle Basnar at (970) 481-5689 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
The post Wonderful End-Unit Townhome! appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
This beautiful home at 1026 Pinnacle Place in the heart of South Fort Collins welcomes you with 20 foot ceilings, palatial staircase, and plenty of room. Gourmet kitchen, formal dining, two offices, and downstairs wet bar. The backyard features mature landscaping, large deck for entertaining, two story waterfall, and garden boxes. Enjoy Fossil Creek Park and take advantage of the trails, dog park and tennis courts! Contact Chris Guillan at (970) 310-9357 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
The post Beautiful Two-Story Home in Fort Collins! appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
Throughout the years, the Windermere Foundation has donated more than $38 million to hundreds of organizations throughout the Western U.S. We’ve helped homeless shelters, food banks, schools, hospitals, community centers, and other nonprofits that provide services to low-income and homeless families.
Most of this funding comes from our agents who give a portion of every commission they earn to the Windermere Foundation. In addition to this, Windermere has a number of vendor partners that do their part by donating a portion of the business they receive from Windermere, back to the Windermere Foundation. Examples of these partners include Bumblejax, Complete Office, Fran’s Chocolates, glassybaby, Knack, Loop & Tie, Morrison Craig Apparel, Posie Turner, Sozo, and Windsor Vineyards.
One partner in particular that we’d like to give special recognition to is trueIMAGE Publishing. Since 2007, trueIMAGE Publishing has provided Windermere agents with beautiful calendars that showcase exclusive images from award-winning photographers. These calendars are popular gift items that agents send to their clients. Through these calendar sales, trueIMAGE Publishing has generously donated over $247,000 to the Windermere Foundation! We cannot thank them enough for all they’ve done to help us continue our tradition of giving.
We are so grateful for all of our “true-ly” wonderful vendor partners who share our passion for helping those less fortunate. Their contributions have helped us continue to provide funding for things such as diapers and formula for babies, housing assistance for families with critically ill children, shoes and school supplies to students in need, and scholarships for low-income adults seeking to continue their education in order to be able to provide more for their families.
To learn more about the Windermere Foundation, or to make a donation, please visit windermerefoundation.com.
The post Giving Thanks to Our Vendor Partners appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.
Contact Us Today!
Visit Windermere at…
Learn About Our Foundation…
- 12 Tips for Making Your Bedroom Cozier June 18, 2019Posted in Living by Kenady Swan Photo by MyDomaine At the end of a long day, your bedroom should be a sanctuary of comfort that welcomes you in. But, as a room that guests rarely see and in which homeowners spend most of their time with their eyes closed, its upkeep frequently gets pushed to the bottom of the […]
- Giving Thanks to Our Vendor Partners June 17, 2019Throughout the years, the Windermere Foundation has donated more than $38 million to hundreds of organizations throughout the Western U.S. We’ve helped homeless shelters, food banks, schools, hospitals, community centers, and other nonprofits that provide services to low-income and homeless families. Most of this funding comes from our agents who give a portion […]
- To Buy New or Old, That is the Question June 16, 2019We are often asked, “Which is the better buy, a newer or older home?” Our answer: It all depends on your needs and personal preferences. We decided to put together a list of the six biggest differences between newer and older homes: The neighborhood Surprisingly, one of the biggest factors in choosing a new […]