You know that saying, “don’t judge a book by its cover?” Unfortunately for home sellers, most home buyers are quick to judge a house by its exterior. It’s can be one of the quickest ways to weed out homes that are less desirable in the sea of for-sale signs. We don’t want your home to end up on that list, so we have come up with the top tips for upping your curb appeal game, on a budget!
Keep a Well-Maintained Yard
- Mowing: the first step to a well-manicured lawn is to mow it regularly. Make sure to not cut it too short, and keep your blade sharp to give it the healthiest appearance.
- Weeds: always pull weeds from their roots. After that, mulch over where they used to be to prevent light from getting to the seeds.
- Feeding: Without extra nutrients, grass turns pale and thin. Weed seeds and moss thrive in these low nutrient conditions.
- Watering: Be careful not to overwater! Most lawns need to be watered once a week.
- Flowers: You can quickly and affordably dress up your yard with colorful pre-made flower pots and containers.
Dress Up the Front Porch
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can give your home a well-deserved facelift. Try a bold color to really make it stand out!
- House Number: Update your number(s) to something bigger and more creative. Explore options or mix-and-match.
- Decor: Windchimes and/or market lights across your front porch give the front of your home an inviting and warm look.
- Hardware: Replace any hardware that is outdated or remove rust with a polisher.
- Plants: Hanging plants in planters or having them stagger your front steps will make your porch look and feel lively and well-maintained.
Make sprucing up the front of your home a weekend project right before you sell. With a few of these quick and inexpensive changes, the exterior of your home will stand out among the rest.
The post Before You Sell: Affordable Curb Appeal Tips appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.