Why does it make sense to list a home now? Shouldn’t I wait until the Spring?
These are legitimate questions we hear occasionally from our clients.
It turns out there are several good reasons to list a home in December or January instead of waiting for April or May.
The first reason is low competition. Today there are only:
- 279 homes for sale in Larimer County
- 263 homes for sale in Weld County
- 2,151 homes for sale in Metro Denver
So, a home on the market today has high odds of standing out in the market versus the higher-inventory market in the Spring.
In addition to lower competition:
- Buyers looking in the winter tend to be more serious and motivated by tighter timelines
- Interest rates will likely be higher in the Spring which will impact the purchasing power of Buyers, and consequently, the selling power of Sellers.
The post Why List Now appeared first on Fort Collins Real Estate | Fort Collins Homes for Sale & Property Search.